Monday, January 30, 2012

No time and.. nothing really new.

I don't have a lot of time to tell stories or share pictures of anything. But it's not much of a shame. Nothing new has happened AT ALL. My own personal roommate moved out, one of them got engaged, one is going to school now so she's never here, and the other one I just.. eh. Plus the "old" group I would hang out with, has completely broken apart and I honestly haven't talked or seem them in some time. College definitely is a lot different with the new semester change. It's probably hit it's low point right now, but when you go down theres no where but up, right?

So basically I found some poems I wrote not to long ago, and figured I'd share them for this small little post. Enjoy.

So for this first poem, I actually wrote it back in my senior year of high school but we were given a photograph or painting and we had to write a poem about the picture, but not actually based off the picture itself. It could have nothing to do with the picture at all, but just the concept of it, if that makes any sense at all. So.. i got a picture of an old man driving an old race car and going pretty fast. So... this was what I wrote.

Running in a marathon
Faster and Faster
With this open road
And a whole lot of speed
To be where I am

To fly in a race car
To race in a jet
All I need is this open world
To find where I will go

How fast will I go?
All I need is an open road
And a whole lot of speed
To see where I will go

So, not really my style, I do more spoken word because... there really are no rules, which is what I love. But it's a poem and an art none the less.

The next is actually an assignment I had here in college in my English 2010 class at the beginning of the year. The assignment was to write a Villanelle poem. Which is the classic aba aba aba aba and ends with abaa. 'Nuff said.

Walking silently and still into the light
Leaving this world and it's cruel way of life
Knowing now, that everything is alright

Feeling a deep sense of fright
Yet, having confidence deep inside my heart
Walking silently and still into the light

Striving every day, I've finally won the fight
Winning against the world and its cruel way of living
Knowing now, that everything is alright

Moments ago, saying my final good-night
To the loved ones around me, helping me through this hard time
Walking silently and still into the light

Seeing everything now as simple as black and white
Pulling through the battle between good and evil
Knowing now, that everything is alright

Slowly but surely taking my final fight
Smiling wide for all to finally see
Walking silently and still into the light
Knowing now, that everything is alright.

Once again. not quite my style and honestly I believe it sounds like something a Jr. High student, just trying to pass english class, wrote the night before. But hey, I got an 'A' and that's the great thing right? Plus it adds a lot to my portfolio :)

Conceit poem, another assignment.

I am an old pair of shoes
I wonder about the open world
I see the journey ahead
I want to someday escape
I am an old pair of shoes

I pretend to stand strong even when I'm falling apart
I feel the mud and snow of the world breaking me down
I touch the earth and how it's my advantage
I worry that I will be thrown away and forgotten
I am an old pair of shoes

I understand when to run and when to stroll through life
I say to take an adventure and never look back
I dream to become one with the earth
I try and accomplish my goals
I hope to never stop moving
I am an old pair of shoes

....Eh. I have to admit, typing some of this up made me cringe and think maybe i should've done this... or maybe this... But. When i'm given an assignment and have to write about something specific, I don't really... "shine" I suppose. I like the fact that anything that comes to mind or heart, I write about it, and it's something I'm actually quite happy with.

Well! that's all I've got right now, and i was in a bit of a writers block for a while, but I feel it slowly coming back in place. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The poem about the old man....I like the way you used the race car and his going fast as a metaphor for his life!

    Positive outcome and calmness to read "everything is alright" about a difficult subject....death.

    I lOVE the Old Shoes poem. The metaphor of the old shoes to life was great and easy to relate to. Lots of feelings expressed. I would like to talk to you about this poem and wonder about your thinking about this poem relating to "conceit".

    You go girl.....I'm impressed! Keep writing about your observations about life and feelings!

    xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete