Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Adventures

It's been awhile!

Well to start off: Happy New Year! 2012!

Right now I'm sitting eating some Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes, that my dad so thoughtfully made, and it is 9:07 am. 25 hours since my last taste of sleep. SO. Just some key advice i've learned from this.
1. Sunrise is amazing. Especially at the end of a year that held some great great memories, and honestly, some memories that I hope to never experience again.
2. Never. NEVER. NE.VER. take sleep for granted. It's such a great thing.
3. I might be insane. My all night buddy (my friend Jenny) was eating with me and she made a turtle out of one of her pancakes. I laughed for a good 30 mins, tears streaming down my face. Then my brother, Mclayne, made fun of me with an impression, and that had me AND Jenny laughing for another 35. I might have abs now from so many split sides.
4. I feel like I've been running all day and night. My legs are dead.
5. The experience was great, but unless I absolutely need to, I won't do it again.

What's interesting, i've stayed awake for longer amounts of time, I've even stayed up for 3 days straight before I felt anything like I do now. But yesterday was just run run run. I was exhausted, but by the time I got home, it seemed pointless to sleep, since the new day was already a couple hours away. Here's a little time line about my day. (Not 100% accurate. But I do remember checking the time once in a while.)

8:00 am- Dad wakes me up by putting my dogs squeak toy right in my ear to try and get my dog to attack me. I was not happy.

8:15-10:00 am- Try with all my might to fall back asleep. But nothing. Can't give up. End up laying in bed staring at the ceiling.

10:30 am- So close. But phone goes off. Ignore it. But then when I slowly shut my eyes again...

11:00 am- Mother dear jumps on my bed and tells me to wake up.

11:15 am- Look at phone. My best friends boyfriend has texted me 5 times. He wants to go to Cafe Rio because he's starving and my best friend is probably still asleep. He also adds a picture of his "hungry face."

11:30 am- After much motivation from Marcus (the boyfriend) I finally get up, get dressed, and drive to pick him up to go get some Cafe Rio.

12:00-1:00 pm- Arrive at Cafe Rio, eat, and just talk about whatever. Nothing too big. Just chit chat. We decide to leave, because I have work at 2.

1:10 pm- Arrive at Papa Murphy's, the great place both of us work at. Since I don't work until 2 and he doesn't work until 3, we decide to take my longboards from my trunk, and ride them in the store with different poses to entertain morning prep crew. Just as we're about to do it, the owners walk in and our plan is shot down. So since we're not allowed to be in the store unless we're actually working..

1:15-1:55 pm- We longboard and skateboard in the parking lot of Papa Murphy's, trying not to get caught by the owners.

2:00- about 7:15 pm- Work, work, work. By this time, we sold about 500+ pizzas. It was a great day at work though, I sort of like the busy days because you work as a team with the crew and time seems to go by a lot faster.

7:20-10:40 pm- Since Marcus got off work either than me, he waited around because I was his ride. So once I got off, we decided to call my best friend/his girlfriend, Alex to see what she was up to. Keep in mind, the ENTIRE night was total improvisation. No plans, no idea what the night had in store. So she tells us she's eating with her family, but afterwards we can figure out what to do. At the same time, my ex and good friend, Dan texts me asking me what i'm doing, along with his good friend Bryce. So. On my way to get Dan and Bryce, we pass a street that I know has a "geocache" on it. (For those who don't know what this is, it's basically a world wide treasure hunt. They're hidden all over the world and when you find you, you sign a little paper with your name and date and if you take something out of the box, you have to put something back in.) So I do a huge U-turn, scaring Marcus, and tell him to just trust me. We park somewhat far from the actual "geocache" because it's on a curved, dangerous, hill and parking near it would be asking for a car accident. So I jump out of the car, and start racing to the top of the hill, Marcus following behind very confused. I find it and explain to Marcus what it is. He thought it was so cool, he wanted to find another. So we signed our names, and took out a King of Clubs card that's very beaten up. We signed the card with the date, and now it's on the ceiling of my car with thumbtacks. To make this story as short as possible, we found another one and all it had was a piece of gum. So we didn't take anything but we did put a dollar inside. By that time, Alex texted saying she was finished eating with her family. So I went and got alex THEN I went and got Dan and Bryce. So... now what, right? It's about 9:30 ish, 10 ish by now. So, I decide to find a flower and visit the grave of a student in our graduating class, that died from a car accident. After we visit her grave, we also visit Dan's grandfathers grave, wishing both of them a very happy new year. By the time we got in the car, I had the King card on my ceiling car and realized I needed something for everyone to sign, but I couldn't use the card because that was more of me and Marcus's doing. So. We went back to the second "geocache", had them sign the paper, took BACK the dollar, we all signed the dollar, and now that dollar is on my car ceiling. Finally by that time, we decided to go to my house to wait for the ball to drop in New York City.

10:40 pm- Arrive at my home. Play with my dog. Play the piano. Two more girl friends, Kellie and Xanthea (Zan-thea), arrive to watch the ball drop with us. I get 7 of my moms crystal cups that she uses only for special events, like Thanksgiving, and I fill them with some sparkling cider I found in the fridge, and put them in the middle of my coffee table. At about 2 mins to midnight, we grabbed our glasses and counted down till the new year.

12:00 am - I kissed my friend Xanthea on the cheek, then kissed my dog on the head. Marcus and Alex had their midnight kiss. Everyone else was just kinda... well... awkward haha. But after finished our cider, I quickly washed the cups and put them away, and we decided to go to a party we knew about just for some free food.

12:15 am- Arrive at the party. That's where I run into my friend Jenny and a couple other people I know pretty well. It was a great huge party, lots of people, but let's just say a lot of them where people I was happy to say goodbye to at graduation. Well, our small little group stayed there for about 10 mins or so and then left pretty quickly.

12:30- 2:00 am-Decide to go to Village Inn. Sort of random, but i'm up for anything. I realize that we're there to meet other people. And some of those people are the people at the party I especially was so happy to say goodbye to at graduation. But I sat at one end of the table and they sat at another.

2:05 am- Go back to my house. Kellie leaves in her car and so does Xanthea, as for everyone else, I'm their ride. So I get everyone else home but don't get back home myself until about...

2:50 am- I go downstairs and my brother is asleep. He tells me Jenny is coming over to sleepover. I talk to my mom a little bit and finally Jenny showed up around...

4:00 am- Jenny wants to talk but I want to go to bed. I lay in bed for about 10 mins, realize I'm not tired at all, go back downstairs and convince Jenny to have an all nighter with me. Jenny lasts until about...

7:52 am- Exact time. Because Jenny fell asleep right at the crack of dawn and I looked at the time. So I took a shower. And here I am. Ready to face the day and dare my body to live through the day.

Well, for now that's all I have time for. But I will post some new poems and writings anddd more about my christmas vacation back home.

Happy New Years!
Happy Late Christmas!
TA!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too! Sounds like a fun time.....except the lack of sleep! :>) I think finding those caches would be really fun! I would like to do it sometime. I've always thought they sounded cool. I like your idea of tacking them to the ceiling of your car! Fun times!

    xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete