Saturday, November 12, 2011

11/11/11

Well yesterday was 11/11/11. Big deal, ya? Well I went to the big grand opening of the H&M store, lunch at Cheesecake Factory, but I waited all day for the 11/11/11 11:11. And guess what? I was in a movie at the time, fell asleep, and when my friend bumped me awake, I quickly looked at the time and it was... 11:13 pm. AGH! So close! I totally missed it!
So here's just a couple pics from yesterday:



This is the grand opening of H&M at the Fashion Place Mall. It was INSANE! It was black friday on steroids. The store opened at noon and I got there right at 11:58. It reminded me of New Years eve when everyone screamed "5...4...3...2...1!" It was so fun to be there and just experience it. I didn't get to go inside though, the line to get in wrapped around the front of the store, and wrapped around the outside of the mall. It would take me hours and hours to get in. But still fun

My brother, Mclayne, was lucky enough to be one of the first 500 people in line. He had been waiting since 8 that morning.


This is just the group that went with me to H&M. We took two pictures and Nate had his eyes closed in BOTH.




After watching the crazy crowd at H&M we decided to shop a little then go eat. Nate is going to be a pilot so he was determined to find a leather jacket and aviator sunglasses to go with it. I don't know why that makes you a pilot, but he was sure he needed those two items. After we shop a little we decided to treat ourselves to The Cheesecake Factory. While we were there, Nate and Zach decided to eat a slice of lemon at the same time. Zach loved it, but as you can see by Nate's face. He didn't like it so much.
Next, it was me and Hailey's turn. For those who know me, this is huge. I don't eat things that are healthy like this. Expecially sour lemons.
I basically threw up. Worst mistake ever.

Well after all that adventure, I basically went back to the apartment and played a little Super Smash Brothers with Zach until I left for home to get my car inspected and such. Then I fell asleep during a movie and missed the biggest moment of the day. Oh well, just shows how fast time goes by eh?

But pushing that aside, a month ago from yesterday was the day my cousin died. So just to honor his memory I wrote a little "spoken word" poem. And here it is:

I still remember the last day I saw you
Laying in the hospital bed, close to the end
My dad grabs your hand and slowly says
“I remember the day you came into this world
Now I’ll always remember the day you left”
I tried to understand, wrap my young mind around the scene
My aunt told me to hold his hand, his soul was now clean
I still don’t understand why God wanted you to leave
After the doctors cut off your life support that was helping you to breath
God had stolen your life away from us
Taken you to the highest points in the sky
So far up high,
I could reach but wouldn’t even try
The Sunday before my mom told me to fast
But I ignored the request
I figured it would past
And it’s not that I didn’t want to,
It’s just I couldn’t deal with the thought of you dying
I guess that’s why at the service I couldn’t stop crying
But now, 5 years later, all I can do is write
This poem is my way to say to you,
I’m sorry I didn’t want to visit you.
I know I was young then but
For years that was no excuse
I hope you forgive me
Let me tighten up the screws
Of my board that was waving in the storm of your memory
You couldn’t hide your pain behind your smile
And I guess your laughter wasn’t the best kind of medicine after all
Michael Kenneth Zoellner passed away
October 11th, 2006
And since then I’ve felt nothing but bricks
If my words could bring you back I’d never stop writing
And if you were in the audience I’d never stop reciting
Until the room was left empty and my tears would start drying
And it was just you and me.
You lived your life off wild and recklessly
But always smiling
Though you left a thousand lives untouched
Your presence will always live on
Through us.

Love and miss ya Michael! RIP

1 comment: