Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Right Back Where I started

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

If you have not seen that movie, "Benjamin Button", I strongly suggest it. Its pretty long but it's worth it, lots of good quotes and life inspirations.

Well here I am, home town Bountiful for the holidays. In some ways it's good to be back but a lot has changed. The other day, my old job called in wondering if I could work. Well more money for me, so I said yes. Many of my co-workers were gone by now, and the ones that remain, are very different in both good and bad ways. One of my really good friends that would b
e a complete moron with me, acted like she didn't know me. It hurt, but h
ey people change. But then I saw that Benjamin Button quote, and it's very true. I've changed a lot myself. I feel more confident and I can actually drive somewhere else besides Bountiful without freaking out. Small, but I have changed, hopefully for the better.

So this holiday "weekend" has been pretty great so far. Last night I stayed at a friends house until about 2, then afterwards I went for a small drive down "memory lane." It was pretty cool, since it was so late/early, not many where out so I felt like I had the entire city to myself. I drove to the top of the mountain ("make out point") and just looked at the city. It was great, I even found a few lovely wild dandy lions. So I picked a couple, and took them to the grave of Porsha, a great friend of mine that died in a car accident in high school. It was a nice little late night drive and I loved it.

Tonight I got to spend sometime with some of the closest friends i've had since I was little. One of them, it's a love hate relationship, but we all have em, and we all love em :)

You see? You see that man I'm sitting with? Yes he ruined the picture. Terrible. Just terrible. But thank goodness we were at Coffee Garden or I would of just killed him right there.
Mmmmm I love me some Chai. Good tea this is, delicious. Tastes like candy canes at christmas
This is the Coffee Garden. MMhm. Love it love it love it love it.

Well... that's all I have for today but HAPPY THANKSGIVING! eat lots and get fat, ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Benjaman Button quote! So true! Yep, you are growing up! :>)

    I love Chai tea.....hot and cold. Sam's club sells an Oregon Chai in cartons that you mix with milk........it's DELIOUS! Nice to have a hangout like the Coffee Garden!

    I too, love those late night drives.....maybe not quite so late anymore! But I could relate.

    xo Kristy

    ReplyDelete