Sunday, December 11, 2011

FINALS, FINALS, FINALS!!!

I've been soooo busy lately with finals. Monday and Wednesday are my only days I have the tests, but when most of them are 70% of my grade, I panic a bit. But hey, what happens happens right? I just keep trying to remember that.

So I actually wrote something new earlier this month.
It just came randomly, it was pretty awesome. It was late at night and I looked out the window towards my neighbors house and wrote this little number in 5 minutes.

"The house across the street is dark and empty.
It strikes a certain kind of fear into my heart
But I do not know why.
Possibly an old childhood nightmare;
Shaken’ from slumber, screaming for comfort
From the warm heart of my mother.
Or maybe it was an adventure,
The adventures we would go on together.
The fear of letting each other
Open the doors into our dark and empty hearts.
When I finally let you inside,
I let the lights brighten.
My home, my heart, lit so bright, you could see me shine.
Until that night,
The night you told me “no more”.
Letting the fire in the lamp burn low.
My heart became so dark and so empty
I could hear the echoing scream of my bruised soul.
Maybe, just maybe,
My dark and empty heart
Strikes a certain kind of fear into my soul
Now, I know why."

I'm not very happy with the ending and I'm still kinda stuck on it, but i've had my mind on other things lately, focusing on the last couple lines of a poem is the least of my worries.

So just some stuff that have happened in my college life, I have pics so I'll just post them and what's in them.






So me and my roommates when to a Masquerade Ball either last week or a couple weeks ago. I can't remember. It was pretty great! The decorations were awesome and dressing up was a lot of fun, but I spent more time with the chocolate fountain than I did on the dance floor.

One of my best friends got home the other day, after being away for 2 years! It was great to see him again and hopefully we're both not to old for more fun and crazy adventures like we used to do in the past.

Well that's all I got for now, wish me luck on finals! Hopefully when it's all over i'll be able to post more and not wait a whole month! ish! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Great poem, Kenz! Lots off wonderful adjectives. I love the "bruised soul"! I wasn't sure about the transition from 'from the warm heart of my mother' to 'Or maybe it was an adventure...........we would go on together'. Keep writing when you have time!!!! Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete